The Basics: Overview
Coronary illness is the main source of death for all kinds of people in the United States. Make strides today to bring down your danger of coronary illness.
- To assist with forestalling coronary illness, you can:
- Practice good eating habits
- Get dynamic
- Stay at a sound weight
- Stop smoking and avoid used smoke
- Control your cholesterol and pulse
- Drink liquor just with some restraint
- Oversee pressure
What is Heart Disease?
When people talk about heart disease, they’re usually talking about coronary heart disease (CHD). It’s also sometimes called coronary artery disease (CAD). This is the most common type of heart disease.
When someone has CHD, the coronary arteries (tubes) that take blood to the heart are narrow or blocked. This happens when cholesterol and fatty material, called plaque, build up inside the arteries.
Experts aren’t sure what causes plaque to build up. They think it may happen when your arteries get damaged by:
- Too much fat and cholesterol in the blood
- High blood pressure
- Too much sugar in the blood because of diabetes or other health problems
When plaque blocks an artery, it’s hard for blood to flow to the heart. A blocked artery can cause chest pain or a heart attack.
Am I in danger for Heart disease?
Anybody can get coronary illness, yet you’re at higher danger in the event that you:
- Have elevated cholesterol, hypertension, or diabetes
- Are overweight or have stoutness
- Try not to get sufficient actual work
- Try not to eat a solid eating routine
- Your age and family ancestry likewise influence your danger for coronary illness. Your danger is higher if:
- You’re a lady over age 55
- You’re a man over age 45
- Your dad or sibling had coronary illness before age 55
- Your mom or sister had coronary illness before age 65
Yet, the uplifting news is there’s a ton you can do to forestall coronary illness.